In1922, Hans Bockwoldt is building the first furniture factory on the Palmberg. Veneered furniture for living-rooms is manufactured. The furniture factory is brought under public ownership in1951. In the seventies, the production is focused on the fabrication of bedroom furniture. In1989, immediately after the opening of the Inner German Border, the company is striving for independence. Graduate Engineer Uwe Blaumann, today Managing Partner of Palmberg Büroeinrichtungen + Service GmbH, is mandated to represent the interests of the Schönberg workforce. The production of office furniture marks the start of the corporate future at the beginning of 1991.
Palmberg in the course of time
- 1922 – The first furniture factory is brought into being on the Palmberg.
- 1924 – Conversion of the production to fabrication of veneered living-room furnishings.
- 1951 – Nationalisation of the furniture factory.
- 1970 – Bedroom furniture shapes the product portfolio of Palmberg in the seventies and eighties.
- 1990 – Palmberg-Möbel GmbH is separated from the Schwerin furniture works on 1st September. Uwe Blaumann becomes Managing Director.
- 1991 – The company is privatized on 1st September after sales negotiations withTreuhand.
1951 - Nationalization of the furniture factory
1967 - May day demonstration
1977 - Timber feeding the furniture factory
1978 - "Möbelkombinat Nord"
Conversion of furniture production on bedroom furniture
New destinations with office furniture
1990 - Disentanglement of PALMBERG Möbel GmbH
Today, Palmberg belongs to one of the most important companies of the German office furniture industry and successfully produces high-quality office furnishing solutions for the European market. Ten workplace systems, three extensive cabinet programmes and numerous custom-made products are currently manufactured on a roofed production area of 25,000 square metres. To present these products in proper style, showroom worlds have been installed, besides the exhibition building at the production site in Schönberg, in the most important cities. Customers can meanwhile find exhibition space in Hamburg, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Munich, Den Bosch in the Netherlands and Beringen in Switzerland. Along with the German market Palmberg increases the presence in the sales areas of the neighbouring countries Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Luxembourg and Switzerland. The constant further development of the enterprise also after the 20th anniversary on the 1st September 2010 is underlined by the introduction of innovative laser technology in the area of edge processing, the investments in a new production hall in 2011, and the commissioning of a highly automated production plant including laser technology just a year later.
PALM·TEC with blende
2000 - Administration building
Cabinet conveyor belt
Mass production in the 90s
2010 - Factory-owned fleet
2011 - Edging by laser technology
Palmberg in the course of time
- 1996 - The Integrated Management System DIN EN ISO 9001 (quality) and DIN EN ISO 14001 (environment) and is successfully certified for the first time.
- 1999 - A 2,550 m² hall for final production is inaugurated. At the same time, a chip incineration plant for thermal recycling is being installed.
- 2000 - A 3,300 m² prefabrication hall is put into operation.
- 2006 - Foundation of PALMBERG (Schweiz) AG.
- 2008 - Completion of a new prefabrication hall with flex-production.
- 2009 - Opening of new showrooms in Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt and Stuttgart.
- 2011 - Introduction of innovative laser technology for edge processing. A 3,000 m² production hall is being built at the Schönberg site.
- 2012 - Commissioning of a new highly automated production plant including laser technology.
- 2014 - The table system CREW and the storage space model PRISMA 2 are awarded the LEVEL product certificate. Palmberg is the number 1 for the first time in the overall ranking of office furniture manufacturers, a survey carried out by the independent industry information service Markt Intern.
- 2015 - The year 2015 is committed to the 25th company anniversary.
- 2016 - By starting the production of acoustically effective office solutions in Plant 2 in Technology-Straße 1 in Schönberg, PALMBERG positions itself even more flexible. Here, on a 733 m² production area, the space division system TERIO PLUS is brought into being under own autonomy.As two years ago, when climbing the first place in the industry ranking for the first time, PALMBERG is once again the winner of the 2016 retailer survey conducted by the independent business information service Markt Intern.
- 2017 - With effect from 1 January 2017, PALMBERG Büroeinrichtungen und Service GmbH extends the management from two to four members. In addition to the two partners, Uwe Blaumann and Torsten Utz, their daughters Nicole Eggert, née Blaumann, and Julianne Utz-Preußing, will be acting as managing directors of the office furniture manufacturer, too.
- 2018 - The triple's perfect. With an outstanding average score of 1.70, PALMBERG took first place for the third time in a row in the survey conducted by the industry-independent information service "markt intern" and was again able to call itself "FACHHANDELSPARTNER 2018". For its appearance at the ORGATEC office furniture trade fair, PALMBERG and its agency Voss + Fischer from Frankfurt won the BrandEx Award in Gold, the most important prize for exhibition stand construction in Germany.
- 2019 - During a ceremony with over 100 invited guests, Prime Minister Manuela Schwesig opened the new plant for acoustic component production in Rehna. With this ultra-modern production site, PALMBERG will be able to meet the challenges in this area even more flexibly and professionally in the future and will continue to focus on the feel-good factor for optimum performance at the workplace. On a production area of 5,025 m2, acoustically effective office furniture components will be produced by the company itself. At the following "Open Day" all interested parties can get their own impression of the work processes and the ultra-modern machines. Many other attractions for young and old attract several thousand visitors to the new factory premises on this beautiful May day.